Some of you may know while others may not know,
At 12:15 pm yesterday I got a call from my pops, someone broke into our house. I was at Cal Poly getting my books purchased and running around doing errands.
He said that the back master bedroom was broken into and that everything was ransacked. The bedroom, the other rooms, my room ... and that pretty much was it.
My folks keep a lot of clothes in the cabinets and all the clothes were tossed and scattered about. I took a look at the sliding window door the guy broke into -- he used some type of wrench to get in and did what he had to do.
UNUSUAL: My dad came home and found the burglar inside. He wizzed right by him and greeted my dad "HI" in Korean and ran out the house.
My dad thought he was a friend of mine since he greeted him, but after finding the house demolished, he called 911 and the police made a report.
STUPID: The guys who were supposed to take fingerprints never came and so my dad said, 'Whatever. We're all safe so let it go.'
Mr. Stubborn .... why the &!(~ didn't he call them!
As far as what got stolen, a digital camera was taken ... some old antique jewels which pretty much didnt cost alot at all but have been in possession for many years (when I was little).
All the valuable jewelry my folks keep is actually hidden elsewhere NOT in the bedroom. So none of that was a problem.
I was informed from an acquaintance not to report it to insurance or it'll skyrocket like crazy --- he said just let it go and let what happened be.
All day I was getting phone calls and text messages about this as I was wandering about finding out details and such.
I don't know what I'm feeling right now as far as what happened --- whether if I should feel angry ... or whether I should say WHATEVER and let life continue ... or whether if I'm scared.
I'm not scared - it was a punk-ass 22-year-old Korean dude that came in and robbed.
If I see him again, I'll dislocate his kneecaps with one major kick. Then I'll stomp on him.
Life moves on --- finally our house gets hit. After 13-14 years of hearing other houses get worked on -- we got hit.
So this is what happens when someone comes to rob your house.
He might've been dangerous and my dad could've died ... but for some reason that thought doesn't register in my head right now.
Maybe I should feel glad and thank God that he's ok.
I do feel glad --- but this happened in broad daylight ...
I hope I see this dude again.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
My House Got Robbed
Posted by My Datalife at 3:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"If I see him again, I'll dislocate his kneecaps with one major kick. Then I'll stomp on him."
Hahahahah xD
im serrrious... i wanna hurt this guy......
Post a Comment