Free Blog Counter

Friday, September 19, 2008

A Conversation With My 7-Month Old Niecey

Dear Baby Chloe,

I'm writing this special letter to you because I want your Uncle Data to let you know something.

Whenever I look at you I can't help but to see how innocent you are and how pure you are coming into this world.

When your eyes drift and look around at the many wondrous things that surround you, I know you want to know what this world looks like.

But let me tell you baby Chloe, this world has many things that are bad.

You see, there are many, many babies like you who are everywhere in different parts of this world. Some are resting peacefully like you are while others are not.

Some of them are crying and crying and don't have a mommy or daddy to care for them. Some are screaming left out in the shivering cold ... some are even lying in a hospital because they're not growing normally.

And do you know what's worse?

All of the babies will grow big, old and start loving this world.

There are so many things in this world filled with bad things. So many little babies like you that grow 4 years later ... 8 years later ... 12 years later and slowly start losing what you have now Chloe ...

purity ... innocence.

I look at you now and I feel like I want to drive out every living organism of evil, sin, despair, insecurity and fear in this world. I want to lead your way to a life of good.

And you know what ... I was just like you Chloe ... I was wondrous, curious, fascinated ...
But this world has so much badness ... the jealousy, the hate, the envy, the greed ... Chloe, you will enter this place and so many bad things will come at you ...

And so many like you have become accustomed to this big place.

When I look at your purity, I want to dream that your whole life will be filled with pureness and goodness.

But I know ... I know that there are others like you who will grow and will be exposed to hunger, stress, pain, trials, hardships ... they will grow and their purity will be gone.

And they will come to you .. and try to lure you from what you were born to be ...

a pure and innocent heart.

I was an innocent and pure baby --- but when you look at me, you see me taken into this world and all the many good and bad things that have taken hold of me.

I look at you and I just cannot see the possibilities of what bad may come for you.

To my niecey,

You are my little princess ... coming of age ... but still wondrous and pure.

I hope and pray God will watch over you and bless you.

Where I stand, there's sunken emotion, tiresome anguish and physical aggravation ...
Where I stand, there's unknown questions, insecure feelings and lifelong pain ...

Looking at you is a gift ... seeing you is a blessing ...

That purity ... that innocence ... I know God lives within you.

To my niecey Chloe ...

Let the angels protect you well ...

the world around us smiles evilly.

Let your eyes close peacefully to see a new day tomorrow.


My heavensent niecey,



Data.





0 comments: