It never occurred to me how hateful I could feel for some people that I work with and talk to around me.
As much as I was raised to respect others, there are times when I feel why I'm even supposed to respect others to get that respect. I can say that on a number of occasions some people around me are really not understanding of other folks.
It's like a mask that they wear and then take off. They do it without knowing and act upon it like it's nothing to others.
I work at a local junior college and I loved being there, working there and having fellowship with others. But for the first time since I first been there --- I finally came to the conclusion that that love is suddenly a lesser love.
My appreciation in doing what I do and being in company with those has gradually shifted from yay to nay.
There are people who I admire, respect and/or look up to.
Now things have changed.
I have no love or appreciation for some people that I work with around me now.
Everyday when I'm looking around -- I observe and examine -- I see and I know.
I watch them and I just wonder ... I wonder how they could be what they are ... and then be that way and act like it's nothing to them or to who they act towards.
But those who jeer and laugh are likely the ones who are more unstable to act.
I really hate to feel this way ... but I sit here and I stare at this monitor...
and I shake my head with anger ... and I think about all this...
and I scorn ...
The shocking thing about all this is ... some of the most unlikely people that could ever act in a negative way are the ones that I point the finger at ...
and it enrages me ...
but it also saddens me ...
and then I realize how flawed this world is.
I realize how flawed we all are.
He's not perfect.. and neither is she.
They look at me and they declare I'm not perfect.
They'll never admit that they're not perfect, they're too full of themselves to feel that way because it would destroy them. They would never put the mirror in front of them and scream and rant and complain about why that person before them couldn't be a more better person than the next one.
But that's all beside my point.
There are people who I admire respectably and people who I share my life with.
But there are those within this same crowd that I just cannot stand ... cannot relate to ...
cannot associate with ... and it rips me in two.
And it's dangerous to feel that way ---
why?
Because that person that is so likeable and friendly is very likely the same person that I feel my deepest hate for.
Who would you think that person would be?
Is it you?
Is it not?
Those who read this will realize that I walk amongst you not knowing ... what I think of you.
You could be a friend ...
and be my worst enemy ...
and you wouldn't know the difference.
Sit comfortably in the newsroom if you choose.
I maybe thinking the worst of you at that moment.
Friday, September 19, 2008
You Could Be A Friend & My Worst Enemy
Posted by My Datalife at 1:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
its ok james, you could hate me. I'm not here to make friends, i'm here to take your place haha. jk james i love you man.
whether you like me or not, i'm still your aprentice, and i still look up to you
Post a Comment